Today we’re covering one of the easiest ways to source inventory from your service: placing hang tags on the rear view mirror after service is complete that ask a customer if he/she wants to get a trade-in value for their car.
We’ve got customers that routinely acquire 3-10 new vehicles every month from this approach, and it’s dirt cheap to pull off. Here’s how you do it.
There a few steps – creating the tracking URL, create a QR code, create the design, then print them out on VistaPrint or any other bulk online printing site, or a good local printer if youve got one.
- Create a tracking URL – if you want to be able to measure how many people interact with your hang tag, and ultimately convert, you need a tracking URL. We cover this in depth in our “How to create tracking URL’s” video, but the gist,
- visit Google’s URL builder
- Drop in the URL for the “value your trade” landing page that’s on your site today
- Input in your tracking details
- And voila – you’ve your tracking URL now
- Now take tracking URL you just created to any QR Code creator site (just Google it). Even VistaPrint has one: https://www.vistaprint.com/qr-code-generator/builder
- Design – VistaPrint has existing templates, but we recommend designing your own because you’re going to want to drop that QR code on this thing. TradePending customers – we’ve got templates ready to go for you if you need them
- Go to VistaPrint, or any other bulk online printing site, and search for Door Hangers. Pick your size & Choose your quantity, upload your design
1,000 of these things are 11 cents a piece!
Run the math on that. For just over $100, you can get an additional 30,40,50 trade-in leads per month from your existing customers, that’s a really, really good return on ad spend.
Have you seen similar or different results?