Job Title: VP of Customer Success
TradePending provides SaaS-based services to the automotive dealership market, with products focused on sales and fixed ops multi-channel customer interactions. The VP of Customer Success oversees a team of Customer Success Managers (CMSs) and Training resources responsible for the onboarding and on-going relationship with our accounts. The role requires someone with a track-record of scaling the team to meet our fast-growing customer base and expanding product line. Creating a strong collaborative partnership with our Sales, Technical Support Services and Product teams is essential. Fostering a culture of process improvement, customer-focus driving performance results and, ultimately, customer retention is critical to our success.
- Customer Engagement: Develop and implement a customer engagement strategy that ensures customer success and satisfaction. Act as a trusted advisor to key accounts, building strong relationships with executive stakeholders.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of Customer Success Managers (CSM), providing guidance, support, and coaching to help them excel in their roles. Lead by example, engaging directly with customers through participation in CSM customer calls, personal contact with key accounts, managing escalation communications and addressing compliance concerns.
- Customer Advocacy: Champion the voice of the customer within the organization, helping to shape product development, features, and improvements based on customer feedback.
- Retention and Expansion: Drive customer retention and expansion by identifying opportunities for upsell, cross-sell, and working closely with the sales team to capitalize on them.
- Customer Onboarding: Oversee the onboarding process, ensuring that customers are effectively onboarded and trained on our software.
- Customer Health Monitoring: Develop and implement customer health scorecards and proactively address any issues or concerns to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Customer Lifecycle: Define/redefine customer journeys by customer segment that map with the way customers need to engage with our brand and ensure we are delivering against their needs and expectations. Identify ways to use technology to assist customers in moving through their journeys efficiently and effectively and supplementing the high-touch work of the CSM team.
- Results-Driven Culture: Establish KPIs/OKRs aligned with corporate goals. Generate a focus on revenue recognition through timely on-boarding. Develop and track a measurable Health Score for each point in the customer journey.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights to identify trends, customer behavior, and areas for improvement in the customer journey. Ensure transparency of business
performance through operational reporting, dashboards and reporting to Leadership and peer teams.
- Knowledge Base Development: Take the lead in building and expanding our customer knowledge base. Create and maintain documentation, tutorials, and resources to empower customers to maximize their use of our software. Ensure the knowledge base is updated with the latest product information and best practices.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in customer-facing capacity (e.g. Account Management, Client Success, Sales)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record of driving adoption and growth of the install base
- Executive-level experience in a B2B customer success role with a fast-paced SaaS organization.
- Automotive Dealership experience highly preferred
- TradePending provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by law.
- TradePending participates in E-Verify.
- TradePending does not accept responsibility for unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws)