Senior Vice President, Support Operations
TradePending provides rich, insightful, data and technology so auto dealerships can more efficiently acquire inventory and more profitably sell inventory while simplifying and demystifying the process for consumers.
Founded in 2014, TradePending’s flagship trade-in intelligence product “SNAP” is utilized by over 3,000 dealers – making it a categorical leader in the industry. Three additional dealer-facing products have been launched since inception plus a series of data-rich APIs for dozens of other automotive vendors and other partners. Find more at www.tradepending.com.
With a Private Equity investment in December 2020, TradePending’s next chapter of growth includes inorganic M&A to complement the current suite of SaaS solutions.
As Senior Vice President, Support Operations, you will be responsible for our entire Support organization. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience building and managing productive teams and implementing common, measurable processes. In this role, you will own and drive support outcomes for all customers. You will play a pivotal leadership role in defining and maintaining support metrics and KPIs and leading day-to-day Support operations.
As we drive significant change to become one company, the role will require occasional travel to assess teams and lead/participate in collaboration initiatives.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is ideally located in Richmond, Va. Remote location with more frequent travel to our Richmond office where most of our Support staff are located can be considered.
- On-going development of consistent onboarding and maintenance processes delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Timely, efficient on-boarding processes including the use of self-serve options as appropriate
- Define processes and metrics for onboarding turn times and ticket resolution
- Identify and deploy support team hierarchy, career paths, and timely performance feedback channels
- Clear communication channels to ensure customer and inter-departmental understanding of timelines and status updates
- Define incident management processes and escalation
- Establish clear ownership with defined escalation communications to key stakeholders
- Empowerment of key owners to take necessary steps for resolution
- Post-mortem reviews to mitigate future incidents
- Develop and execute a real-time Dashboard to highlight resolution needs to ensure support and customer health
- Frequent interaction with senior management across departments
- Identify areas of opportunity within inter-departmental dependencies and present proposed solutions
- Ensure mutual understanding of support goals and philosophies
- Monitor customer NPS and maintain exceptional ratings
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute strategies to address
- Develop and manage departmental fiscal budgets aligned with company financial and quality goals
- Establish premium support offerings that meet critical customer demand while ensuring our contribution margin maintains the company’s gross margin targets
- Analyze return-on-investment for budget requests (e.g., cost/benefit of multi-lingual support, cost-effective timeline to build out cross-product expertise in all regions)
- Establish a 24×7 follow-the-sun support strategy with budget approval from CCO and CFO
- Develop strategic plans for ongoing acquisition plans to incorporate new product offerings, team members, and adapted support processes in the most fiscally efficient and timely manner
- 15+ years in senior-level management roles within a fast-growing Support team.
- SaaS B2B experience required
- Experience building and leading a customer-centric support operation that applies learnings proactively to the rest of the organization.
- Experience blending products and teams in an acquisition mode
- Experience with a hybrid work environment
- Exposure to Salesforce Service Cloud preferred
What We Look For
- Passion for the customer experience
- Enjoys hard work and seeks out a challenge
- Cares deeply about colleagues, developing the team, and the mission, and driving results
- Prioritizes hustle over title
- Positive outlook with a proactive mindset
- Understands the need for flexibility and the ability to pivot
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of a company that is changing the workplace
- Be a part of a fast-paced team
- Operationally minded and data-driven to ensure teams are as productive and efficient as possible while producing the right outcomes for customers and the business.
- An understanding of developing and leading a team, providing 24/7 services to customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), organizational, interpersonal, and consultative skills
- Ability to influence and interact with customers and colleagues at all levels up to executive level
- Demonstrated ability and presence to drive top-tier customer communication and relationship building.
- Experience developing, motivating, and mentoring a customer support team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- Health, Dental, & Vision with flexible PTO
- Dependent, Spousal coverage available
- Up to $1200 Company HSA Contribution
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with employer match
- And more….
Offices near Short Pump, VA – new and awesome!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled